End Of Marking Period Blog #3

End of Marking Period 3 Blog Post

Intention Definition & Exploring of Ideas:

Image result for battle of mustafarAfter the 2nd marking period ended, and we resumed working on our projects I decided that I enjoyed the editing more than the creating. Coming to this realization helped me come up with a new plan for this marking period. I decided to edit one of my favorite movie scenes to make it funnier and just better in my opinion. That scene is Star Was 3's Battle of Mustafar. I've loved this scene ever since I was a kid and saw it for the first time. Due to this being my favorite movie scene, it would be an understatement to say I've seen this countless times. After you see something so many times it becomes predictable, and not as amazing as the first time you watch it. This is why I like movie spoofs, memes, and edits. It gives me that feeling of watching something for the first time, and that touch of unknown to something I know by heart.

Planning:

Image result for yoda vs palpatineMy planning phase wasn't all that amazing or time consuming. My planning phase consisted of me realizing that I enjoyed editing more than creating. Along with the idea to use the Battle of Mustafar for the next edit. The most difficult part of my planning phase was that I couldn't find a video of the entire scene. Because of this I had to find different videos on the scene and edit them together to match. After that I had to remove the Yoda and Palpatine scenes because those fights happened at the same time and cut off to each other.




Producing:

Image result for premiere proBefore my production I decided to re-watch the entire movie just to find out of context voice lines or just funny ones to edit into the scene. After that my production finally began. In the beginning of my production I knew the first part I wanted to mess around with Obi Wan having the high ground. After spending some time doing the high ground scene I moved on to the other talking scenes. Next I added loops, cuts, and time scaling. Everything was going pretty smoothly, which is concerning because life hates me. Then it happened, I had been working off of a flash drive for all my work. I get the feeling you know where this is going. My flash drive commits seppuku and has its connection to the computer severed. Now I have to make 100$ to get my flash drive fixed.   SIDE PROJECT: Since my flash drive decided to leave the server I took the time I had left to do some of Toby's voice lines in his project.

Evaluating:

Image result for broken flash driveI didn't have all that many problems this marking period, other than of course my flash drive committing suicide. But besides that the only other semi difficulty was just finding green screened versions of movie scenes.

Integrating:

For my integration my first thought would be to actually have a backup of my flash drive somewhere that I couldn't lose everything. Besides that I would integrate editing tools I learned  along with the minimal sound editing I had learned.

Comments

Popular Posts