Work Log 11/15

 This week I'm looking into DAZ 3d which was originally only a character creator software specializing in creating and porting rigged models into other software like (Blender, Maya, and Unreal Engine). And up until not too long ago they started adding other software options (Like IClone with all of their different products). I chose to look into this because Character modeling from scratch is a pain and it seems I haven't had much free time in the past 2 weeks. Of course right now I'll only be looking into DAZ 3d character creator. 










The first thing I looked at was the store, It seems to have a lot of user created models for sale as well as clothing and set pieces. There is also a section of discount free items called weekly freebees which is nice for people that are like me and have no money.

Once the main application DAZCentral is installed it is filled with tutorial videos to help beginners with learning the ropes. This is extremely helpful because a lot of the different software hub applications I've looked at had little to no beginner tutorials. The thing I like most about this is that theres a bunch of different videos covering everything so if an old user comes back and forgets one thing it will be easy to find. So that's a nice helpful touch most people should appreciate. 
Although I didnt have enough time to go into the software and try it for once I'm actually excited to try this one. It seems like it could be so helpful for not just me but so many others. And because of that I'm glad I came upon this while searching for character creators that cost like 250$.





Work Log:

Monday - Worked on game assets

Tuesday - Worked on game assets

Wednesday - Worked on game assets

Thursday - Long and obnoxious car ride with my 3 cousins that are all under 10 years old to NC

Friday - Forced to spend all day with family

Saturday - Spent all day with family

Sunday - The ride home and writing this

Comments

Popular Posts