End of Marking Period 3 Post

Intention Definition & Exploration of Ideas: I'm still focusing on most of the things that I've been working on for the past couple marking periods, which were game assets. I still have all the same reasons for doing it which was just that I like the idea of modeling aspects of video games. I know that last marking period I was still not completely used to how blender worked after 2.7 so I felt like it would be good for me to try and get more knowledge about it and all the changes.

Planning: I feel like generally for digital modeling there isn't as much planning as something like film. Even though its not as much theirs still some. For planning it was mostly me deciding that I wanted to complete some of the ideas I had and just feel it out on whether or not I needed to relearn the ropes.

Production: In my production I wanted to do some of my ideas and like I said in my planning "feel it out" if I should relearn blender or not. For those 2 projects it was basically making a barrel and a jerry can since they felt like pretty general things you'd find in a video game. For the barrel I was mostly looking at like hazardous containers like waste barrels. But since I still haven't textured anything it just looks like a normal barrel. Then for the jerry can it's nothing special. I modeled it after a normal jerry can. 

Once I had realized that I hadn't done any UV editing or texturing in over a year it was when I decided that I was outdated and needed a refresher. After I had come to that decision I had decided to follow the digital modeling lord and savior BlenderGuru. I saw he had a somewhat recent tutorial on modeling a chair. So I thought to myself that a chair was a good general asset anyways so why not follow the tutorial, worst case scenario I make a really bad version of his chair but learn a lot about the newer version of blender. It took a good bit of time to do because we didn't exactly have long consistent class periods everyday. So once I finished the modeling part the marking period had already seemed to end. It didn't seem that long but I will move on to the texturing that started me on this path a couple weeks prior.



Evaluating: I know this school year seems like a joke or a waste to a lot of people due to the pandemic and all, but I honestly don't think I'd be working on this as consistently and as much as I'm doing now. Because of this school year I'm giving myself a deadline for all these things which is really good considering I have problems motivating myself. But in this Marking Period specifically I feel like I've definitely learned a lot due to that chair tutorial. And I know for a fact it's going to help me in future projects.

Integrating: For my integration I have a lot of new skills and knowledge about blender that I can use for further projects down the road. Such as some of the modifiers that I've never personally used before that I know about now, and just some small things like shortcuts for convenience sake. I have a lot more plans for models and I know its more than I can do in the amount of time I have left in school. But I see that as a good thing because its gonna keep me busy for a long time after school.

Comments

Popular Posts